Inbound Marketing – Book Review
I was one of the lucky few to get my hands on a book by the founders of huspot (http://www.hubspot.com) called Inbound Marketing.. Well, I actually bought it from amazon.com, so I’m not sure if that makes me lucky or not.
The full title is called Inbound Marketing – Get found using Google, social media, and blogs. The book lived true to its name and gave its readers content on how to use social media and blogging to your advantage. I really hate long book reviews so here’s my take:
- Outbound marketers are old school (not the cool kind of old school)
- Create a lot of content and it must be remarkable. Basically, your content must be the shiznit or nobody will care
- **** your website! Blogging is where its at. (To be fair, they just placed more emphasis on the blog. Rawdesignr is a web company, I wouldn’t throw it under the bus like that!)
- Always know how your content is doing on the web. In other words, make sure your shiznit is trackable, and optimize your shiznit where necessary.
- Hire Digitial Citizens – You need web veterans on your team, and you need them bad. Check how many followers they have, how often they write on their blog, how many connections they have on linkedin etc
Overall, the book gets 5 stars from rawdesignr. Check out their inbound marketing blog